Sunday, March 4, 2012

chapter four

~Dear Lover~

I awoke around 3 or 4 at night, only to discover I was still alone in the house. I would have to get dressed for my half-day at school in a few hours. I fell weak as soon as I stood up and the room began to spin. I felt hungover. 

I got dressed and packed up my things, then left them beside the door. I will come back to get them after school, I decided. It was 6:30 and the sky was still dark&gloomy&empty. I walked three blocks then stopped dead in my tracks. Oskar? He was sitting alone at a bus stop looking tired&worked to the bone. I walked over to him slowly still not sure it was really Oskar. He turned his head to reveal a black eye and covered his face. A chill ran down my spine and I sat next to him.
"What happened?" I asked.
"My step-dad." He tried to hold back tears&disappointment in his voice.
"Why did he hit you?" 
"Because he hit my mom then I stabbed him in the back of his shoulder with a--fork," He hesitated and then shifted uneasily, afraid someone might hear, "She made me leave and I told her I never wanted to see her again."
I gasped only slightly and wrapped my arms around his frail waist. "You can stay with.. Sassy&Gabe&I if you want. Gabriel always said I had a place with them and I really don't care now if I'm a burden, it's better then staying at my house.."
Oskar looked at me with held-back tears in his eyes and leaned in to kiss me. "Thank you," 


I let Oskar in the house and then locked the door behind me, leaving a note on the counter explaining why there was a strange Swedish boy in Gabe&Sassy's home. I only hoped Sassy wouldn't try to get it on with him.


The day at school dragged on and soon came lunch, i was thankful for that. I hurried home to see   Gabe&Sassy staring at sleeping Oskar on the couch.
"He's gorgeous," Sassy squeaked with delight.
"He's young," Gabe reminded.
"He looks like a virgin!" Sassy giggled and hopped up and down.
Gabe shook his head, "Idiot," Gabe shifted his weight slightly and then headed for his bedroom door, "I'm going to bed, come along Sherman."
Sassy shrunk down and looked at Gabe with hateful eyes, "Fine." Sassy reluctantly followed his lover into the bedroom then shut the door, paying no mind to me at all.

"You heard it all didn't you?" I said, sitting down across from Oskar.
"I don't want to be raped by them," Oskar said with his eyes still closed.
I laughed aloud and quickly cupped my hands over my mouth. "I don't think Gabe will rape you, But i'd keep an eye on Sherman." I joked.
"Thank's for letting me stay Bella. I really have no where else to go and no one to turn too.. We aren't even a couple and already I'm living with you," Oskar blushed and sat up to look me in the eyes.
I blushed too and said, "We could be.."
"Will you?" Oskar bit his bottom lip which made him that much more attractive.
I nodded and sat next to him, "I understand what it's like to be left out and .. hurt." I tried to comfort. Oskar nodded and fell back to sleep on the couch.  I sat there for a while then found myself sitting at the park listening to "Social Distortion - Dear lover."
I sang along quietly, memorizing the mesmerizing words. 
" dear lover, i can't take the pain no more, dear lover, i pick my heart up off the floor, dear lover, i can't believe it's come to this, dear lover, give me one last painful kiss"


Flared with energy i was. Though i wasn't sure at all why.
 when i returned home, to my home, with my mom, the house was up for sale, and the furniture was gone.  she left me.. she really left. I touched my fingers to my lips and tears stained my cheeks. i wasn't aware i was crying until Sassy got out of his car and wrapped his arms around me.
"You have a forever place with us then. come on..," He tried to put me in the car, but i didn't move so easily. i was in fact - petrified.
 I sat on the edge of the couch in Gabe's apartment. 
"I'm so sorry that happened," Oskar stated,
 I nodded and pressed my face to his chest. i never wanted him to let go. I felt like he was my only safe place - my only home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment