Friday, March 2, 2012

Chapter two


So today I decided to sit around in my room and lay on my bed watching the popcorn ceiling change along with the spinning fan that looked like it had 100 pellers spinning around it.  Oskar kept finding his way into my mind and i just kept pushing him out. I didn't feel like missing him because If I did then i'd feel even lonelier. 


Sassy called and snapped me out of my daze. He asked me to meet him at the park so I agree'd. It was surprisingly sunny today and it was only noon. Sassy had long blue hair that was always spiked and no matter what the weather was-- he wore a fishnet shirt, and black skinny jeans. His snakebites shined in the light. Sassy's real name was Sherman but hated it so much he asked all of his friends to call him Sassy or Sasilian. He's completely comfortable with his sexuality-- Gay. He's like my brother though and always has stood up for me. At one point I really liked Sasilian but I found out he was Gay and backed off. He actually was the one who encouraged me to find out so much about Oskar...... I feel like a creeper now.


"Hey Sas," I smiled and sat next to him on a swing. He looked a little drunk--I couldn't blame him. His family disowned him when they discovered his sexuality so he took up drinking and stays with his boyfriend Gabriel. 
"Hey there Bells," I was mistaken-- Sassy wasn't drunk, he was high.
"You really shouldn't mess with your body like that Sassy," 
"What do you mean? I'm a grown man I can do whatever I want with my body. It's sexy, right?" I couldn't help but laugh a little but it wasn't a "Oh you're funny," laugh, it was an "Oh you're full of yourself grow up," laugh. 
"But you're only 17.. You still have things you can do with your life. Instead you're ruining it with alcohol and drugs." 
"I do have a life, I work at Olive Garden and make 10 dollars every 30 minutes. That's more then you make at that silly library," Sassy spit coldly.
"I don't make any at that 'silly library.' I do it for free because i'd rather be stuck there then stuck at home and you know that," I flared.
"Let me buy you an ice cream," Sassy and I never fought. And if we had an argument, he'd immediately apologize with buying me something even if I said no. I followed Sassy downtown to  an ice cream store called 'Tortilla's Helado.' Which didn't make sense to me .. Tortilla Ice? I guess it was cute but it shouldn't be the name of an ice cream store.


We sat down near the window and I ordered a vanilla ice cream in a cup with rainbow sprinkles. Sassy got an iced tea. 
"How's school?" Sassy looked around at the men in the Ice cream shop. He was unimpressed and turned to look at me.
I shrugged solemnly. "It's school. How is it supposed to be? It's hard and not fun at all because of my personalities always taking over. It's why I leave at lunch," Sassy was the only one who knew about my 'Multiple Personality Disorder.' He's told me about them but some of them scare him and threaten him so he's terrified to tell me most times. Sassy was my closest friend and sometimes I thought my only friend. Besides Amanda who put books away at the Library, but she was 45 year's old and she was more of an acquaintance then a friend. We ocationally exchanged looks and even held 2 minute conversations, but I think Sassy is the closest thing to me. 
Sassy laughed and took a bite of my ice cream. "Ew," He shuddered, "Carbs."


I had spent the entire day attached at Sassy's hip, then he drove me home then I asked him if I could sleep at his house with Gabriel and himself. Sassy said it would be fine but Gabe&Himself   were going clubbing. I ran inside and gathered all of my things only to find my mother passed out on the couch. I felt really bad and pulled a blanket over her and placed a pillow under her head. I kissed her goodbye and raced down the steps to Sassy's car. I climbed in and announced we could leave.
Sassy looked at me awkwardly then reluctantly drove home. They lived in an apartment on the fifth floor, the highest. It was decorated with beautiful luxurious furniture. The walls were a cream color and the rug was the whitest  white I had ever seen. There were paintings all over the walls and a giant flat screen tv hanging over a table with pictures of Gabe&Sassy. There was also a cream couch and a glass coffee table.
The counters were all white marble and the fridge was steal like the other houseware. It was a three bedroom 2 bath. Gabe adored me and always said I could live with them if things got bad or if I needed too but I felt to much of a burden to accept. Sassy would feel burdened -- I know this because he hates taking care of anyone who isn't Gabe even though he loves me as his own. I could never ask that much of them.

Then when they left, It was just me and the magnificent empty house.


No comments:

Post a Comment